Samstag, 21. November 2015

If life gives you lemons make lemonade!

On our first day of the tour we arrived our destination Jiaoxi in pouring rain and thanks to my weak immune system I was kicked out or better to say kicked off from my bike two days later. 

What a bummer! My body was shutting down, only the minimum systems were running anymore. Never felt so sick in my life for a very, very long time! 
But not only this made me sick, especially the fact that I couldn't bike the whole 900 km of the Formosa900.



Even if it looks like I am relaxing in this photo, I was already fighting hard at the end of day 2. The last kilometers to our hotel were a nightmare and a grannie would have easily overtaken me at the end. I lost all my energy! 

My teamrider Moni from Germany, who lived in Taiwan and speaks pretty well Chinese and our tour leader Frank went to a pharmacie with me after the tour to get something to built me up. The drugs were cheap and gave me a sleepless night plus the perception that I won't survive another day in the saddle if I don't stop biking now.

But it was amazing how everyone took care of me. Romain, my roommate went to the supermarket in the middle of the night to get me a bottle of water and carried my luggage to the room. I've been nonstop asked if I need or want anything or how I am feeling. The whole team felt the pain with me and gave me the feeling even when I am not biking I am part of this team and this great experience! This is how to connect people!

I participated in the stages 
  • 11/16 Ruisui > Zhiben
  • 11/17 Zhiben > Checheng
on the bus, next to Frank. I don't know much about it anymore as I was tossing and turning, trying to find some sleep! I Zhiben I went to see a doctor and his diagnosis was pretty clear: High Fever including a severe flu. Equipped with prescription drugs we went back to the hotel and my fight against the illness started! I have absolutely no clue what I was taking the next few days but these little pills did a wonder! After another day on the bus to feel better (just being sick for not biking) I put on my bike gear in the morning and was able to continue!

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade! :)  
#ErlebeTaiwan

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen